Friday, February 13, 2009

Short Stories of this Week

We were assigned a few short stories this week to read. Some of the stories were in the "love" section and some were in the "war" section. I thought that all of these stories were well written and kept me interested. All of the authors used good imagery words and had great story lines. I liked the fact that some of the authors used true examples and facts to tell their stories. I am still unsure which story I will choose to write about for my second essay. I am thinking about writing on "A Rose for Emily" because I found it a very interesting and a weird story. I wouldn't prefer writing about any of the war stories because it makes me sad. My uncle is in the army and is over in Iraq right now. He will not be back at home until fifteen months from now. I do not really like reading about wars, people fighting, and soldiers dying. I try to stay positive when he's overseas in a dangerous place. I also don't prefer stories with a lot of violence, no matter the situation. "A Rose for Emily" was in the "love" section of the book and the story line didn't bother me any. Also, I feel like I could write a lot on this story because it deals with depression and things like that. My grandmother was manic depressive so I know a lot about that and I can relate to this story in certain ways. I will probably start writing my essay on this story tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment