Monday, March 2, 2009

Our Next Short Essay

I am really glad that our next short essay can be done in a blog or written informally. I think that sometimes those types of writing are the best. It makes it so the writer can express themselves in any way they choose, especially being able to write how they would speak. The things we are suppose to write about are "Trifles" by Susan Glaspell, Lorraine Hansberry's "A Raisin in the Sun", and Frank Cordelle's photographic exhibit titled "The Century Project". We are suppose to discuss the images of women and how these "texts" define women and men. I am very excited to see Frank Cordelle's photo exhibit on Wednesday. I think that this will be a great experience for everyone. I am disappointed that UNC Wilmington decided to remove the photos of the females under the age of 18. I think that those photos would be most informing and appreciated by the students because we have been through things that some of those females might have. I am glad that we get to have a question and answer session with Frank Cordelle because I'm sure I will have many questions for him after viewing his photos. I already have some questions in mind to ask him, but I want to think of more. I think I will like doing this next short paper because it concerns women and how they are viewed. That subject is very important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment